Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 7

Google has so much more than I imagined. I am already very familiar with Google and use it all the time, but I had no idea of its extensive capabilities. Google Earth is amazing and addictive. I viewed a Google Earth Hubble telescope presentation last semester and was in awe. I am so glad to learn how to use what it offers. I investigated Google Earth and somehow focused in on our area of Texas, clicked on 3-D buildings and traffic and found everything from Arby's locations to Reliant Stadium to I-10. Oh for the time to sit and play with all of this! I also created 2 different alerts on Google Alerts: one for Houston weather and another for my beloved Univ. of Texas Longhorn football. Google Calendar is another part of Google that I want to investigate further and begin to use.

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in knowing if you will find uses for Google Earth in your math classes..does anything in particular come to mind? (I am ALWAYS trying to find math samples for workshops and would appreciate any ideas!)

    ReplyDelete