Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing 8

RSS Feeds . . . sounded complicated . . . had read other sb blogs where people said they had some difficulty here. Surprisingly, once I read what the acronym represented, it made sense. I like being able to have my favorite news sites, items of interest and blogs organized and handy in one readily accessible place. I have also, once again, discovered some new sites that I really like: The Big Picture, The Kitchn, La Tartine Gourmande, and the list goes on.

RSS feeds is a quick, organized way to be able to view headlines and read the ones you want or are interested in. I can see real uses for this in the classroom by finding feeds on a topic that applies and having students keep up with it. It's also a wonderful way to get students talking and sharing meaningful information that they obtain about a specified topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment