Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 9

Investigating and locating the various blogs and feeds was interesting. I really liked Technorati! The headlines were concise and good. The layout of the site was colorful and easy to navigate and inticed me to explore . . . I found everything from stocks to Iphone to photography, plus much more. I like the "What's Percolating in Blogs" and "Today in Photos". Blog Finder is great. I added some blogs I found and these sites to my Google Reader. I also liked the Cool Cat Teacher Blog; it is a good resource to have. Technorati is definitely my pick though.

What I did not like . . . Syndic8 seemed useless to me. . . kind of a listing of feeds. I also will probably not use the School Library Blogs either. Atomic Learning was fine - it is a good "how to" site. I notice in math is uses some of the tools we already have and use like the old Geometry Sketchpad. Topicx.net was good for local news, but, again, I have other sites that I prefer there.

I will definitley use the Glog Finder as well as Google Blog Search - found lots of interesting blogs there. The vastness of information available to us through all of this never ceases to amaze me! Narrowing all of it down and choosing what is best is the daunting task.

No comments:

Post a Comment