Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing 13

This was an interesting discovery exercise for me on bookmarking and tagging. I really think an English or History teacher might find this more useful in the classroom than I would as a Math teacher. That being said though, I, too, could have my students research and create a shared reading list using a unique tag as mentioned on the Delicious podcast. It would be easy for all to post to that tag. I investigated Digg and found it kind of different - not what I expected. I do not anticipate using tags in the near future, but am glad to know of the Delicious site and have "bookmarked" it as one of my Favorites. I can see that it could be a very useful site.

3 comments:

  1. No worries, we all can't use every sngle tool we learn about in our classrooms BUT I bet you could find a use for it in your personal life. I use tags for recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Delicious to bookmark personal pages that I don't frequent very often but I know I want to keep track of.
    I also bookmark pages that might be of interest to my teachers and helpful to students later. Sometimes I read about a site or come across one that might be useful next year with a research project so I save it and check my tags every once and a while so I rememeber I have it.
    You might find a study page or game site might be of interest to your students that you could share with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you have good ideas on tagging. I can see the usefulness of them to keep track of recipes, good articles, etc. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete