Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing 16

I thought the information on Wikis was clearly presented and easy to understand. The fact that anyone can edit and add to a Wiki makes it a great tool. I can see application here for my math classes. It seems like an easy way to involve students and their ideas and comments as they progress through a challenge problem or a project. The PB Wiki video was particularly helpful. I loved his example of a wiki with his syllabus attached as well as a shared calendar. This is something I really want to use with my classes this year. The idea of having students blogging and updating information and sharing discoveries and knowledge on my Wiki is exciting. I've learned so much this summer and have so many ideas. What great ways to keep the kids engaged and plugged in to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment