Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing 19

So many of these Web 2.0 award winners were fun to look at. I am familiar with several already . . . Urban Spoon, Google Maps, Twitter, YouTube, etc. But I decided to explore Hosted Wikis since I became interested in using a Wiki when we posted a blog on them earlier. I created an account in both PB Works and Wikispaces - not certain which one I will use yet. Wikispaces has a tutorial that is wonderful - hands-on examples making it easy to use. I am leaning toward this one because of this tutorial. I am going to use the wikis I create with my PreAP Precal students this year. I think it is a great way for students to collaborate on challenge problems or homework, to communicate with parents, post assignments, and the list goes on. This is one of the many "things" that I feel can have an immediate, strong impact in my classroom. Now the task is to organize all of this new knowledge and incorporate it. It is exciting!

1 comment:

  1. We have learned so much in 23 things and I thank you, Connie, for clueing me into this program. Wish you were at Stratford!

    ReplyDelete